What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear “broccoli”? Bland, right? Well, this soupy version of broccoli will change your opinion for good. A yummy combo of cheese, broccoli, & veggies makes this soup rich and unique. Perfect to surprise your family and friends and absolutely magical for your kids!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 head Broccoli, chopped
- 2/3 cups Shredded Cheese + more for topping
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small Potatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Procedure for making the Soup
- Put a deep saucepan over medium heat and pour the olive oil in it.
- Once the oil heats up add the onions and salt and sauté for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the potatoes, stir, lower the heat and cover the pan. Let the potatoes cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the minced garlic. Stir and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the broth and let it come to a boil. Then reduce the heat again and let everything cook until the potatoes completely soften.
- Now add the black pepper. Check and add more salt if needed.
- Add the broccoli and let it cook until tender.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Then transfer it to a food processor and blend to smoothness.
- Return the soup to the pan and heat it nicely. Then add the cheese and let it melt.
- Stir to mix the melted cheese with the soup and then transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve hot!