Easily available ingredients and simple to follow steps make this salad a quick and healthy option that can be had at any time. A color rich combo of red onion, fresh basil, strawberry and cheese tossed in a dressing of sugar, vinegar, and lemon give it a look and feel that you’ll start craving in no time.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 50 grams Soft Cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups Strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 small Red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground Black Pepper
Procedure for making Cheesy Strawberry Basil Salad
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and basil in a large bowl.
- Add the strawberries to this mixture and toss gently.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the bowl from the fridge, uncover and add the onions.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and give everything a final toss.
- Let the salad stand for a few minutes to allow the onions to get a little soaked up in the liquid. Then toss again gently once.
- Divide equally in serving bowls or dishes and sprinkle the cheese on top. Serve immediately!