Chicken soups can be made in many combinations but one of the most popular ones is chicken soup with noodles. In UK, people like it creamy and thick whereas in USA, people prefer it to be clear thin soup. Anyways, having this hot soup during winter nights is amazing as it is supposed to have medicinal properties to fight against common cold.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 400 grams Chicken, boiled and shredded
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 2 medium Carrots, diced into bite size chunks
- 2 Celery stalks, diced into bite size chunks
- 50 grams Egg Noodles (preferably flat)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
Procedure for making the Soup
- Put a saucepan on medium-high heat with 6 cups of chicken broth in it.
- Add in diced carrots, celery chunks, minced garlic, bay leaves and all herbs. When it starts boiling, switch the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and simmer further for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from simmering soup and add in the shredded chicken. Let it cook for 10 minutes more.
- Season with salt and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Pour hot chicken noodles soup into serving bowls and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- You may use regular noodles in this soup as well.
- Dried parsley and thyme can be avoided in case you don’t have them.