A yummy blend of corn, boiled potato, onions and tomato with a tangy kick, this wrap is a quick-make dish that can be had for lunch or a late evening snack. Loved by kids, it even makes for a perfect lazy brunch dish.
- Wheat Flour or Maida (bleached wheat flour) 5 cups
Whole Wheat Tortillas 2 – 3
- Boiled Potatoes, cut into small pieces 1 – 2 small
- Sweet Corn 100 grams
- Onion, sliced long and thin 1 medium
- Tomato, chopped 1 medium
- Black Mustard Seeds (Rai) 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies, finely chopped 1 – 2 small
- Salt To Taste
- Tomato Ketchup 2 teaspoons
- Cooking Oil 1 – 2 teaspoons
Note: Skip steps 1 – 5 if using whole wheat readymade tortillas.
- With clean hands knead the wheat flour or Maida into soft dough. Keep aside.
Tip: Though authentic wraps use Maida, I avoid using it. Wheat flour is a much healthier option.
- Place a non-stick flat pan (tava) over medium heat.
- Dust your kitchen counter with dry flour and using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a flat round shape of the size you want your wrap to be.
Note: The rolled out dough shouldn’t be too thin or too thick. Just the right thickness will ensure that it stays soft and also easy to chew. Refer recipe image for ideal wrap thickness.
- When the flat pan (tava) heats up, lift the wrap dough from the counter and place it on the pan carefully such that no air is left within it and the pan.
- Flipping it after few seconds, cook the wrap from both sides till you see small brown spots appear. Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- To prepare the wrap filling pour 1 teaspoon cooking oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
- When the oil heats up, add the black mustard seeds (carefully since they will crackle in hot oil immediately).
- Throw in the long sliced onions and sauté them for a few minutes.
- When the onions start becoming translucent, add the green chilies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Note: If you’re serving the wrap to kids, you could avoid using the green chilies if they are too spicy; though the tomato ketchup will balance the taste. You could use a little black pepper instead.
- Now add the chopped tomato. Stir-fry for a few minutes till the tomato becomes soft and releases its juice.
- Now add the American corn and stir-fry for a minute.
- Finally add the boiled and cut potatoes and stir.
- Season the wrap filling with salt. Also add the tomato ketchup and stir everything.
Tip: The tomato ketchup gives the wrap a nice orangish-red color and also lends it a yummy tangy taste.
- Turn off the gas and then spread out generous portions of it on the wraps.
- Roll the wraps and cover with the tissue paper. Serve immediately!
Preparation Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
One thought on “Corn & Potato Wrap”
Looks tempting! I shall surely try making this…