Corn Salsa is made with flavorful ingredients. Sweet corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, chilies, and a yummy dressing. This salad is a perfect choice for any season. Make it as a healthy appetizer that’s loved by kids and adults alike. It even makes for a colorful party side-dish.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2 cups Boiled Sweet corn
- 1 large Spring Onion (or regular onion), chopped
- 1 large Ripe Tomato, chopped
- 2 small Green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lemon or Lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Powdered Sugar (optional), to taste
Procedure for making Corn Salsa
- Combine the corn, onion, tomato, green chilies and coriander in a bowl. Toss lightly to mix all together.
- In another bowl mix the salt, sugar, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything nicely.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
Chopped cucumber and pineapple may also be added to this salad. To give it more of a kick, you may add a teaspoon of ready-made or homemade Salsa sauce. Here’s an easy recipe for making Salsa at home.