The best part about this salad is that you can use any cheese in it. Originally made with Italian Gorgonzola blue cheese, this apple salad will hit a salty note that your taste buds will love! This delicious salad may be served as a side dish with dinner or after dinner as well. Perfect for a classy dinner party!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2 – 3 Apples, cut into wedges, core removed
- 100 gm Cottage Cheese (paneer), crumbled
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1 lemon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- A handful lettuce
- Pinch of freshly ground Black Pepper
- Salt, To taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Procedure for making Cheesy Apple Salad
- Combine the apple juice, Dijon mustard, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Whisk the dressing well to dissolve sugar then stir in olive oil while whisking.
- Take all of salad ingredients except cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl and pour in dressing.
- Toss to coat everything well then transfer the salad onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with crumbled cheese on top and serve!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Red or green apples and even pears may be used in this salad.