This is the recipe for veg croquettes with cottage cheese, onions, and green chili filling. Croquettes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. This no potato version is delicious and very light. Super easy to make, this dish brings a classy touch to any party.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 250 grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour (Maida)
- Pinch of Baking soda
- 3-4 Bread slices, edges cut
- ¾ cup Yogurt (Curd)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Green chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Water
- 4 tablespoons Bread crumbs
- Cooking Oil, for frying
Procedure for making Cottage Cheese Croquettes
- Soak bread slices in curd and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the refined flour in water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile crumble paneer in a bowl and add all the chopped ingredients in it.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add soaked bread into it and mix well again.
- Place a non-stick deep frying pan or kadhai with oil over high heat.
Note: You may use this non-stick kadhai.
- Take some mixture and give it an oval or cylindrical shape, keep in a dish.
- Make the same shape of the whole mixture.
- Dip the croquettes in maida solution and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil and serve.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
You can make these croquettes in advance and refrigerate for few hours. Fry when required.