If there was one thing an Indian meal would be incomplete without, it would be a Raita. Raitas are an absolute must in every party, lunch or dinner in India, especially in the summers. And the best part about a Raita is that it is super easy and quick to make. This is the recipe for refreshing Cucumber & Mint Raita. Just the name of this side dish soothes the mind and it makes for the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 6 Mint leaves, chopped (pudina)
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
Procedure for making this Raita
- Peel off the cucumber and grate or chop.
- Beat the curd and add spices i.e. salt, black salt, black pepper, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
Note: You may use this hand beater to quickly beat the curd.
- Add mint and cucumber into the beaten curd mixed with spices.
- Mix well, serve chilled
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
- If the curd for raita is too sour, add some cold milk to balance it.
- Add some water if the consistency of the raita is too thick.