Salads are evergreen and you don’t need to be a chef to make them. Just a little creativity and a knack for flavors, and you can turn chopped veggies into a beautiful, tasteful salad. That holds true for this easy beetroot salad recipe. With 3 main ingredients, this salad is sure to bring in a burst of freshness to your meals.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2 large Fresh Beetroots, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli Chane), boiled
- 150 gms Cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- Chat Masala or Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- Salad leaves (optional)
Procedure for making Beetroot Salad
- Combine the boiled chickpeas, chopped onion and beetroots in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle chat masala or salt over the salad and drizzle the vinegar.
- Toss the salad to coat with the dressing.
- In a serving bowl, arrange salad leaves at the bottom and spoon out the salad in the middle.
- Crumble the cottage cheese on top. Serve!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
You may boil or cook the beetroots before adding them to the salad if you like. Generally, they taste best when raw.