The ultimate way to beat those evening hunger pangs, these mini grilled sandwiches are easy to make and yummy to taste. Whipped up quickly, they can also be served as a quick snack when guests arrive suddenly. Add any and as many ingredients you wish to the filling to give them your own twist.
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed 2 – 3 large
- Onion, finely chopped 1 large
- Green Chilies, finely chopped 1 – 2 medium
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), finely chopped 2 teaspoons
- Salt To taste
- Red Chili powder Pinch
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/3 teaspoon
- White or Brown Bread slices 6 – 8
- Butter, room temperature As required
- Combine the mashed potato, chopped onion, green chili, coriander, salt, red chili powder, amchur and garam masala in a large bowl.
Tip: You can add some grated carrot and boiled peas to this mixture too.
- Mash everything nicely ensuring no potato lumps remain.
- Preheat a sandwich griller.
- Meanwhile, spread some of the mixture evenly on a bread slice and cover with the other slice.
Tip: If you like mayonnaise, spread a little on the bread slice surface before spreading the potato mixture on it. This will give the squares a creamy texture in every bite.
- Apply a little softened butter on the outer surface of one sandwich and place it buttered side down in a Sandwich Griller. Then apply a little butter on the upper surface too and close the griller lid.
- Let the sandwiches grill until they get a pretty brown crust on the outside.
Tip: Grill as many sandwiches the griller can accommodate at once.
You may also pan-grill the sandwiches on a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- When done, transfer them to a plate and using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut them into mini squares.
- Arrange in a serving dish and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3