A quick and simple recipe, Malai Paneer is made with fresh Paneer, tomato puree, and malai or thick cream. If you have sudden guests at home, this awesome recipe can be served in no time! Try it out today and delight your family with its rich taste.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 200 grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 3 medium Tomatoes, pureed
- 2 Green chilies, cut length wise
- 2 tablespoons Fresh malai or thick cream
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
Procedure for making Malai Paneer
- Cut the paneer into square pieces and keep aside.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat with oil in it.
- When the oil heats up, add cumin seeds to it.
- As soon as the seeds start crackling, pour tomato puree in it.
- Cook until the oil starts separating from the puree and then reduce the heat.
- Now add dry spices, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add fresh malai or thick cream to the pan, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now add the paneer to the gravy. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the ready malai paneer to serving dish, garnish with green chilies and some cream or beaten malai. Serve hot with chapatti, parantha or naan.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
You may sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves powder (kasuri methi powder) over the ready paneer for a nice aroma.