Tea time calls for hot and yummy snacks to kill evening hunger pangs. When nothing strikes the mind, potato nuggets make for an interesting, quick to make, delicious and easy option. And they’re perfect for all seasons, kids and adults alike. So quickly make some and surprise your senses.
- Potatoes, boiled 2 large
- Tomato, pureed 1 large
- Green chili, finely chopped 1 medium
- Gram flour 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder (optional) Pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon + more for deep frying
- Water 1/2 cup
- Tomato Ketchup To serve
- Keep the boiled potatoes in the fridge for about half an hour so that they become a little hard. Then remove them from the fridge, peel and cut them into bit pieces.
- Place a small frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. As soon as the oil heats up, add the cumin seeds and chopped green chili.
- After a couple of seconds add the pureed tomato. Also add salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Lower the heat and stir-fry until the tomato becomes thick and almost starts leaving oil at the sides.
- Now add the potato pieces to the pan. Toss to coat and then add 1/2 a cup water. Let the curry come to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Allow the curry to cool completely. Now add the gram flour into the curry and mix everything. The final batter should be thick enough to be deep fried perfectly.
- Place a deep frying pan with enough oil for deep frying over medium heat.
- Once the oil heats up nicely, drop small portions of the batter using a spoon into the oil.
- Fry to a nice golden brown color and then transfer the nuggets to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Arrange the nuggets in a serving platter and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes