Give your summers a fresh treat with this easy to make, yummy salad. Quinoa, bell peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes add a delightful burst of flavors to this healthy salad that can also be had as a complete meal. It is perfect to be served to friends and family.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1/4th cup Quinoa, boiled
- 1 cup Lettuce & other salad greens, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, long sliced
- 5-6 Cherry Tomatoes, cut into half
- 1 medium Cucumber, thin sliced
- 1/2 each Assorted Bell Peppers, thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, ground, to taste
Procedure for making Quinoa & Bell Pepper Salad
- Place a shallow non-stick pan over medium heat.
Note: You may use this non-stick pan.
- Add olive oil and after a few seconds, add in sliced onion. Lightly saute them.
- Add bell peppers and saute them for a couple of seconds.
- Turn off the heat and allow sauteed onion and bell peppers to cool down.
- Add salad greens, cucumber, and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- To this, add the cooled sautéed onions and bell peppers.
- Add quinoa, croutons, lemon, and salt to the salad.
- Toss the salad and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve!