Basmati rice is not eaten during Navratras, and so, Samak rice makes for a good option. Having almost the same texture and same taste, this rice is easily available and quickly made at home. Try making this delicious rice at home with this simple recipe.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- ½ cup Samak rice, cleaned and washed
- 1 small Potato, cut into small pieces and fried
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts, fried
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak), to taste
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Water
Procedure for making Sama Rice Pulao
- Put a deep pan on heat and pour oil into it.
- Add jeera to the oil and as it crackles put the rice in the pan. Stir fry on low heat for one minute.
- Pour water in it. Also add rock salt, chopped chilli, fried potato and peanuts.
- Stir well and pour in the water. Stir gently and cover the pan.
- Let the rice cook on low heat covered until the water evaporates and the rice becomes tender.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer into serving dish and enjoy with falahari kadi (Click here for recipe).
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
You may also add fried Paneer pieces into the rice.