Sprouts and salad veggies dressed in a simple lemon dressing, this healthy salad can be had as a light breakfast too. Perfect for working people running short of time, this salad is quick to make and is delicious as well. It may even be served as a snack, starter or as an accompaniment to main course meals at parties.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 cup Green lentil sprouts (homemade or packaged)
- 2 tablespoons Cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 1 Green chili, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika or Red Chili Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chat Masala
Procedure for making Sprout Salad
- Put sprouts in a microwave safe bowl with a little water, cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain the water and let sprouts cool.
- Add cucumber, onion, tomatoes, green chilies and coriander.
- Add paprika, salt, chat masala and lemon juice. Toss to coat nicely and serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Sprouts of any bean (black gram, kidney beans etc) may also be used. To make sprouts at home soak lentil or gram for 4 to 5 hours in water and then keep it in a damp cloth at a warm place for 8 to 10 hours or until beans start to sprout.
- You may also use this sprouts maker.