Strawberries and ice make for a deadly combination. Whip up this cool drink on a hot summer day to feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Quick to make with easily available ingredients, this is one drink you’ll want to have over and over again.
- Fresh Strawberries or Strawberry syrup 8 – 10
- Mint leaves (Pudina) 4 – 5
- Lemon Juice 3 teaspoons or as per taste
- Sugar Syrup (optional) 2 – 3 tablespoons or as per taste
- Crushed or whole ice cubes 1 cup
- Water or club Soda (cold) As required
Note: Sugar syrup can be made easily by combining 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar and boiling them until sugar dissolves completely. Cool it and transfer to a jar or bottle and store in the fridge for future use.
- Put the strawberries, sugar syrup, lemon juice and 3 mint leaves in a blender.
- Blend till smooth and transfer to a jug; pour in the water or soda.
- Stir and adjust the tanginess by adding more lemon juice and sweetness by adding more sugar syrup if required.
Tip: You may avoid using the sugar syrup if strawberries are sweet enough or if you like less sweetened drinks.
- Put ice-cubes or crushed ice in serving glasses.
- Pour strawberry crush over the ice.
- Garnish with remaining mint leaves. Server chilled immediately.
Tip: If serving at parties, you can prepare the strawberry mixture and store it in the fridge beforehand. Combine with water / soda and pour over ice just before serving.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3