Delicious homemade strawberry ice cream frozen to perfection! With easily available ingredients, making this yummy dessert is extremely simple at home.
- Fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped 1 cup
- Heavy whipped cream 2 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Strawberry essence 1 teaspoon
- Strawberries, chopped For garnish
- Combine hulled and chopped strawberries along with 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir to mix well and keep covered in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Combine the rest of the sugar and milk in a large bowl until smooth.
- Then fold in the whipped cream and strawberry essence.
- Remove the chopped strawberries and sugar mixture from the fridge and add it into the bowl. Combine everything well.
- Line a loaf pan or any other pan you’ll be using to freeze the ice cream with aluminum foil.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the pan and cover it.
- Place the covered pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours or until the ice-cream freezes uniformly and becomes firm.
- Scoop out into serving bowls at the time of serving and garnish with reserved strawberries. Serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes (Excluding freezing time)